Navigation Bar Tabs

Wednesday, January 17, 2018

Artful Beginning of the New Year, 2018


Happy New Year everyone! Mmm.. more like happy first half of the month January in the new year. Haha. I hope everyone started off on a good note. I got sick on day 2 of the new year and have been trying to recover fully. My mom got sick at the end of December, then my dad soon after, and then me... For the most part, January has been a game of recovering to get back into the mojo of daily work. I didn't get to see the Rose Parade this year since my dad was sick and on the second day of seeing the floats in person, my dad sounded even worse and I got a bit sick. BUT we both were caught up to it on television and on YouTube.

Before I got sick, however, I did get to start the year of 2018 off with a lovely trip of sign hunting art pieces with my sister. These signs were all in the area of Glendale, so we went to a few. It was a nice trip to see such creative signs people have developed and placed for the world to enjoy. I think my favorite was the sign that says, "GROW." May everyone keep growing and being better versions of themselves this year. We had yogurt from Pinkberry for lunch. I know what you're thinking. For lunch? That's it? Haha. Yes, that was it. We weren't actually too hungry, just needed something to quench the thirst a bit. The yogurt did us justice.

After sign hunting, my sister and I went to Sprouts to buy some groceries to make vegetable soup for my parents. Soup always helps when a person is sick. Warm and fuzzy on the inside makes one feel a lot better. We also bought some turkey to make turkey meatballs in the soup that included: celeries, tomatoes, potatoes, onions, and carrots. Mmm mmm good. Felt a bit accomplished knowing in the future, I will know how to make vegetable soup. Rice and soup make a wonderful combination.












































No comments:

Post a Comment