Navigation Bar Tabs

Sunday, April 14, 2019

Spring Break 2019 Day 1


The first official day on Spring Break was definitely one for the books. My big sister works at St. Baldrick's Foundation and I always wanted to attend one of the head-shaving events. Woke up early to go to North Hollywood with my sister and honestly, the event was so inspiring and empowering. To see and witness the many people who come and shave their heads is amazing. I was just watching some of people get their heads shaved and felt this surge of adrenaline coursing through my spine, the chills in my veins. There's something about seeing people doing something out of the goodness of their hearts for a worthy cause that makes the event so much more meaningful. I love to one day shave my head; actually I wanted to get an undercut to meet halfway   but my sister talked me out of it. Next time! Plus it be hard to maintain as school is still in session. Maybe one day I'll have the same amount of courage to shave my head fully for a worthy cause.

Soon after staying to help out for a while, my sister and I went to Bea Bea's with friends for brunch. We ordered the black sesame pancakes and Sicilian omelet. The black sesame pancakes were moist, a little dense but still fluffy with a pretty strong black sesame flavor. The Sicilian omelet was so good! The house fries were amazing, loved and the omelet was beautiful. The omelet was had a great combination of meats and veggies, just the way I like it, without being to heavy. Just the right amount.

The next stop was my sister's Vin's place. We hanged out for a bit and waited for their other friend, Marvie to come. We went to Newport Back Bay to walk around and enjoy the beautiful blooming flowers. So pretty and peaceful. It's a secret gem that many don't know about according to Vin. I do recommend to those of you who want to check it out to wear long sleeves if you are visiting the place in the evening. I got two mosquito bites and still healing from them, so be careful! Then we headed to Eat Chow for dinner. My sister and I shared the cheesy tots and chow reuben sandwich. The cheesy tots reminded me of clam chowder. Super good! The bacon in it enhanced the flavor and the creaminess balanced out with the tots. It was also not heavy in my opinion. Beautiful cheesy tots. The sandwich was also really good. The corned beef was tender and juicy. the sauerkraut and 1000 island dressing was a great combination with it. My sauce was dripping out as I ate it, but the sauce was not overpowering at all. Definitely would come back. To walk off our dinner, we went to The CAMP, an eco-friendly retail plaza located in Costa Mesa.

A great way to start off my Spring Break. I don't think I have laughed so much in so long. All thanks to my big sister for taking me to a head-shaving event and tagging me along with her friends' adventures.

St. Baldrick's Foundation - head-shaving event 

Bea Bea's - Sicilian omelet
Black Sesame Pancakes
Newport Back Bay





Cheesy Tots
Chow Reuben Sandwich
The CAMP

No comments:

Post a Comment