Navigation Bar Tabs

Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Long Overdue

        The last two months of high school was definitely a challenge for me as you may know from previous posts. Fortunately, food always helps along the way! One time my sister brought home so Thai desserts, which are crispy crepe-like fortune cookies with coconut milk cream and salt. They were pretty good! Very crunchy! Another time for lunch, my parents and I went to Hanashima. I think it was a collaboration day, so I got out of school earlier than other students. I got ramen with shrimp tempura, a Special that day. On a weekend, my family and I went to King's Hawaiian Bakery and Restaurant in Torrance. I got Royale Omelet, with hash browns and a blueberry muffin. So so good! Very filling and nice service. After that, we headed to the Mitsuwa Marketplace. It is a Japanese market, there's a food court there and little shops to go to as well inside. We go some groceries along the way and stopped by at Mochido for their mochi donuts and mochi. The mochi were really chewy and delicious.
       There's too many to list! Just a few more though! Very late but definitely great foods to share with everyone! This next one is not something you can get though. My sister makes the best avocado and egg toast. So delicious! I think she was the one who got me to start loving avocados! They are really good and healthy for you. They give you the good fats so if you need some healthy snack, have an avocado! Now the first time I went to Sweet Lab was back in April. My mom, sister, and I took me out (when I was drowning myself in my psych studies) that afternoon. I'm so glad they did. We had mango flavor ice cream with egg waffles. It was so good! A little taste of Hong Kong before I go there this summer! So stoked! For the food of course, not the humidity. The next picture you will see is of a duck pizza. Yes you read it right folks, duck pizza.My sister wanted to try it so she and my mom went to go Savoy Really good actually. Something different from your typical pizza toppings.














        In May, one time my sister took my mom and I to Dingle Berries. We got There's Something About Mango and Son of a Peach. It's definitely located at a place you would never think would have a drink place, but there's quite a lot of people who know this shop. Definitely a place you may want to check out. I would go again someday soon!
        Last week of senior year! I was sick, but I am always up for a food adventure! Wednesday my mom took me out and I decided to try something new. Another Japanese place. Gatten Sushi. I liked the fried salmon skins! So delicious, but so unhealthy. But it's okay, I don't eat them that often. Since my mom and I aren't raw sushi fans, we ordered udon and a chicken teriyaki bowl. They were very small bowls. I would say this place is best for people who love sushi. It's a little bit expensive though. The following day my mom and I had lunch at Tasty Choice. i really loved the tomato soup. It tasted like homemade soup a person would drink to get better when you are sick. It definitely made my throat feel better as well. I loved the wonton noodle soup too! My mom says it's close to HK's wonton noodle soup. I will see for myself when I go! My mom ordered a chicken dish. It was also good as well. On the last day of school, we went to eat at Embassy Kitchen for lunch. It was excellent! The food was clear and yummy. I loved the lotus rice dish. If you go, definitely open it up so the rice is not too moist when you have some. On graduation day, my family took me out for dinner and went to New Capital Seafood Restaurant. Definitely a must go again. The service was amazing! A wonderful meal to end my senior year. (:




















No comments:

Post a Comment