Navigation Bar Tabs

Saturday, September 19, 2015

Another Week Down

      In the middle of September. This week went by fast and slow. Rehearsals are starting to become longer hours as we inch closer to the day of production performance. Actors have to be off book, getting their blocking down. Tech theatre students have to finish the set, attending work call days. The theatre is part of my senior year, part of my entire high school career. I am very glad to say it has been with me all these years. It's really been a pleasure to be able to work more with theatre this year. Through tears and stress this week, I managed a great Friday. 
       I got to volunteer on Friday, and I was greeted with a little boy that I know for two years with a hug. I waved and said "hi" to some of the kids and two little girls waved back and smiled. Those smiles melted my heart. One little girl wanted to show me her cups tower after it was built each time she stacked them. At least I saw the final piece before it came crumbling down. The other little girl who waved at me drew a drawing for me. I stopped by a few times to see what she was drawing and compliment her, and when she was done, she gave it to me. I literally felt so touched at that very moment. I rarely get any drawings from little kids, and to receive one is such an honor and a moment I'll never forget. It brings a smile to my face every time I think about it. 
       Towards the end of the day, I had last minutes plans with my friends to support our other friend, Lauren, performing in Foreign Exchange at the Mosaic Lizard Theatre. It was my first time going to her productions because other times, it would always collide with my schedule. This time I had some time, and boy the production was splendid. It really captivated me into the story, and I found it really amazing how someone can create this piece. It was an original piece. It was absolutely amazing. Full of comedy and laughs. Something I needed to end my week on. 
      A great note to end my week.


The set in the making in progress.


The little girl's drawing

No comments:

Post a Comment