Navigation Bar Tabs

Saturday, September 26, 2015

Conflicted


Senior year... Everyone says it flies by... It does. But no one said it was going to be one of the hardest years in a person's high school career. So many decisions to make, so many opportunity costs, so many deadlines, so many projects a person wants to do before high school ends, so many things going on, so many ideas and tasks in someone's head. The list goes on. There's so many things to do, but so little time. Stressing over everything, even the littlest things. The only things that get me through this year so far are: 

1.) Music. I've been listening to High School Musical songs. Yes. I'm weird, but the old songs are probably the best songs a person can find comfort in. Those are the songs a person growing up listened to. Listening to HSM songs suits this time perfectly because I'm a senior who just wants things to slow down. I listen to Tyler Ward's music lately as well and Tiptoe by Imagine Dragons. All very good songs. I just need some escape tunnel from school and life in general. 

2.)  Blogging. There are so many times I have the urge to blog. To write how I feel at the moment. But there's so much to say sometimes. I'll be on and off on blogging for the next two months because of.. college applications. BUT don't worry. I'll come back for my readers and followers. Love you guys!

3.) Reading quotes on Google+. I stopped for a while, but I picked up my old habit since last year again today. Feels good to read some encouraging words or quotes that relate to oneself at the moment. But too much makes a person think too much. I have to resist myself from reading too many. Or else I would overthink and overthinking is my specialty.

4.) Talking to friends. It's always nice to be able to share one's thoughts, feelings, stories, and problems with people who understand and care. Don't bottle all of it inside. It's not healthy for anyone.Ever.

5.) Pause and just reflect. Sometimes we just need to stop and let ourselves really soak up what's happening as of now to know where we are. It's scary how fast time goes by. Before I know it, it'll be 2016. I write in a journal to reflect my day at night. It doesn't have to be always, but it's nice to think about how my day went and see what I still need to work on or want to work on. 

6.) Hugging my gray bear. I'm a child at heart. I need my loving huggable bear from time to time. It helps me. It makes me feel less alone and comforted. 

7.) Watching movies or shows. Yes! Escape reality. What better to do that than to watch movies and shows?!? The best! 

8.) Sleep and eat. Two of my favorite things. Sleep. The thing that allows me to forget things for just a bit. Eat. What I do when I need comfort, when I am sad, when I am happy, when I am in every emotion and mood out there. My two ways to escape for a bit. 

9.) Walks and showers. These are the best ways to just think and look at life. It can clear a person's mind or make it even more conflicted with all the decisions in life.

No matter what I do, or what you may do if you are conflicted as well, just know take it a day at a time. Take it easy. Time may slip through our fingers, but if you rush everything or panick through life, you won't enjoy anything and miss out on a whole lot more than you think. Being conflicted is part of life. Senior year may be a huge roller coaster, but I know I'll come out of it just fine. Real soon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment