Navigation Bar Tabs

Wednesday, March 28, 2018

The Big Two Zero



My my my, two decades around the Sun. I turned 20 about two weeks ago and shared my birthday by celebrating pandas as it was Panda Day (so happy to share my day with my favorite animal). It's crazy how time flies. I remember being anxious to start college, and now, here I am, as a second year in college. Almost halfway done with my college career. But who knew being 20 would feel like a wrecking ball swinging in all directions.

I was sick on my birthday. It got worse when the weekend came around. The following week of school was tough, but luckily, I had no exams. I just had to make it through one more week before Spring Break. I got this, I told myself. Then Spring Break came around, now halfway done as well and all these choices through at me. Decisions to make, opportunities to jump on, but there's a catch. The opportunities collide with other opportunities, events, or plans. Now, what do I do?

It feels like that getting sick when I'm officially 20 was a sign. A sign telling me that from here on out, nothing and I mean nothing will be black and white. There will be grey times where I will have to come to decisions that are hard to make. I will be torn in all directions. Some decisions would work out and others won't, like how a wrecking ball may do a great job tearing down a building for construction but may do more damage than needed. But hey, isn't that life for all of us? Full of tasks and jobs to get done. A list that never ends. Things that will keep us awake at night.

I cannot say I am ready for it all just yet, but I'm definitely glad to get an added spoonful of sprinkles of it to get my feet wet even more to understand the world of adulting.

There is some news I am waiting upon to see and possibly share with you, my fellow readers soon but for now to keep you updated with what is happening with me is a bunch of paper planes flying and zooming around in my head. Some paper planes know where they want to land in my head and others are ramming into the walls of the inside of my head. I'll see what happens soon.

Before I leave this post, I just want to say another shout out to Women's History Month. Thank you to all the women who have inspired us all over the years and to all the women out there, you rock. Keep being you and making the rest of us proud and happy to stand together.

No comments:

Post a Comment