Navigation Bar Tabs

Thursday, March 29, 2018

The Good of All Outcomes




Results are emailed out. You receive an email. You are scared to read it, hopefully you got it or it's officially done. You hope in the little excerpt of the entire email in your notifications will tell you the two typical words you look for: "unfortunately" and "congratulations" (or something along the lines of those words meaning you got it or you didn't).

Today, I got two emails. These were the results I was mentioning about in the previous post. One good and one bad.

The good news is I finally officially declared my major as Business Administration with a concentration in Entertainment and Hospitality Management! Woot woot! There's a process to it and even though for this, there isn't really a denial to the action of declaring one's major, it can be turned down if requirements aren't fulfilled and so forth. Anyways, officially declared! Ahhh! No longer does it say "Pre-Business." Yes!

The bad news is... Do you want to guess? I did not get an executive board position for a club at CSUF for 2018-2019 school year. I am a little sad, but I knew that I wouldn't get it after my interview. There was just a vibe in me that told me. However, I did the best I could do, with still being sick during the interview (still currently, a cough I can't get rid of).

And you know what? I am okay. Failure does not define a person. A person is defined by what he or she does after failing. One can stand back up from where one fell or do the complete opposite. Failure helps a person grow and learn from failing. I also think this failure is helping me to ready myself when failure happens in the future, when situations are more pressing than before.

People may see these two news as a win and lose, but I see it as a win and a win. What do you see? At the end of the day, YOU get to choose how you see the outcomes in your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment