Navigation Bar Tabs

Friday, March 15, 2019

Disconnect to Reconnect





Wall Gazing Gallery 
Water Wall
Sometimes there will be days where you just want to take in all the surroundings and enjoy the little things. A few weeks back, I was feeling a little depressed and I wasn't sure what was the reason. After work, I took a long route to get back to the apartments and let me tell you, it was the best decision I ever had. It helped me take in the fresh air, the beauty of art on campus, and enjoy the sound of water falling. Every day, we are constantly on our devices, wired to technology. I am always staring at a monitor screen, whether it is for schoolwork, personal work, or at real work. Take the time to step outside and soak in the fresh air. I sat at the Wall Gazing Gallery sculpture for a while, listening to the sound of the water falling down, making rings of circles into the pool of water. It was beautiful. Something as simple as listening to the sound of water helped me feel happy. To make things even better, the ground was smiling back at me when I found the happy face art piece someone drew. True beauty. I like to ask each and every one of you who is reading this to disconnect from your electronic devices, whether it is your phone, laptops, or computers. You may take pictures, that is the only exception. Enjoy the art and nature around you.

No comments:

Post a Comment