Navigation Bar Tabs

Sunday, June 9, 2019

April Food Adventures 2019 Recap


Two month ago, five little gems were rediscovered or discovered.

Headed out with two friends on a spontaneous trip to get tacos at Ensenada's Surf N Turf Grill (called Baja California before) It also happen to be a Tuesday. Taco Tuesday's! I ordered two shrimp tacos. So good with a little spicy kick to it. Really good. Fresh and all the ingredients were a perfect combo.


My sister came to visit me and we headed out to eat at Lit Cafe. We ordered the Philly Cheese Tori and Lit Brick Toast. I was a little drawn to the cheesesteak choice because of my cheese craving that sparked from the cheeseburger in Paris. It was really good! The steak was juicy and the sauce was not too much. The fries were so great too. Perfect with a little ketchup. The brick toast was also really good. The bacon wasn't too salty and the eggs, bacon, and cheese were just perfect together. Not too cheesy and very light. The bread was also very soft too. We got to meet the owner, David, as he stopped by each table to talk to the customers. Super nice and friendly.



When I was home for the weekend, we stopped by Big Softee, a little ice cream shop in Monterey Park that focuses on the Chinese cultural flavors with its menu options. What a great way to incorporate a little taste of the Chinese culture into the world of dessert! We got the Tofu Flower and Hojicha. I absolutely LOVED the tofu flower. It was spot on for me as I love tofu flower, a Chinese dessert/snack made with tofu and a sweet syrup with ginger flavor. This dessert is like comfort food for me. Something that always makes me warm and fuzzy on the inside. To be reminded of it in ice cream was perfect. Comfort food plus ice cream equals the best combination ever. The Hojicha was also really good. It was a roast green tea flavor, something I never tasted before. Very unique taste.


Ate at Kim Kee Noodle Cafe with family. A simple noodle place that is a go-to if we can't figure out where to eat. I got the Cuttle Fish ball and Seaweed with Pho Noodles. Amazing! The cuttle fish balls had great texture and taste. The noodles were great, chewy, and flavorful. 


Had an econ study session with one of my good friends at Heeretea. First time ever and ordered the Oreo Cheese Milk Tea. So good! Loved the cheese foam. Not too cheesy, just right. The oreo flavor was just icing on the cake.



No comments:

Post a Comment