Navigation Bar Tabs

Sunday, July 14, 2019

626 Night Market + Crepes






A Saturday night out with some friends is shrimply fantastic. I got to hang out with my bestie from elementary school, meet up with her friend from San Francisco who came down to Los Angeles for vacation with family, and tried new foods.

We went to the 626 Night Market, a yearly event held in the summer for family and friends to come out, have fun, and make new memories together. Crimson Apple was playing on the main stage and they were fantastic to say the least. Great music and amazing talented people. We tried two drinks from the Sweet Honey Dessert vendor: mango sago and coconut juice with sago and grass jelly. The mango one was really sweet but it balanced out with the more plain and simple flavor of the coconut drink. It took a while for us to find Shrimp Daddy, but we did! I got to see my friend from college and meet the co-founder of it, June Quan! It was a little bit of a starstruck moment for me and my bestie saw the whole thing. A moment I will never forget. We got the boat, which consisted of the Hawaiian style garlic butter shrimp, a scoop of rice with Furikake, mac salad, and Li-Hing pineapple pieces on the side. It was really good! The shrimp was crispy and very flavorful. Definitely recommend eating it with the rice and a drink. The mac salad was amazing, very delicious and light. The pineapple pieces were really sweet. Overall a great choice. 

After meeting up with her SF friend, we got a late night snack at Crepe Luv. I got a ham, cheese, and egg crepe, a savory crepe. It included ham, cheese, egg, spinach, corn, mayo, and tomatoes. I really liked how I was able to combine savory and sweet together in my choice. As for my friend, she got a customized crepe that had vanilla ice cream, banana and strawberry toppings and whip cream and nutella for the final touch. It was really good, not too sweet at all. Definitely coming back here again.

No comments:

Post a Comment