Navigation Bar Tabs

Friday, May 18, 2018

Thank You Pasadena Media

Taken on 12/8/2017
Year 2 has officially ended and one of the best parts of this school year was my second home, Pasadena Media. I got the privilege of interning here not ONCE, but TWICE. First as a video production intern and then as a marketing/community outreach intern. I am so, so grateful for every minute I was here.

I learned so much from the staff, producers, and volunteers over the course of a whole academic year. I still remember my first day I was there and I was so nervous but excited for this adventure I get to be on. I've gotten to understand the production side and business side of a media production company, allowing me to get the best of both worlds. I learned the entire production process: pre-production, production, and post-production. I got to understand how business and the community come into play at the company as well. Together, I got to see the big picture of the company, being able to see how everything done at the studio served to bridge diverse communities and allow freedom of expression. This was truly one of the best parts to be a part of something bigger than myself and witnessing it all happen in front of my own eyes.

The people I got to meet and work with were amazing, and it really was an honor of mine to get an opportunity like this to meet and work with them. Pasadena Media welcomed me with open arms and taken me under its wings for a whole school year. I'm so grateful to be a part of the Pasadena Media family and will be going back real soon as a volunteer. Very excited to still be a part of something so much bigger than myself and see more magic and dreams coming true. Thank you so much for all the wonderful memories and laughs already; can't wait to make more memories and laugh more with the people real soon.

For now, enjoy a little snippet of my adventure at Pasadena Media by watching my interview on one of its shows, Arroyo Profiles, with the host/one of the staff, Chavel, if you like! It was my first time being on a television show and Facebook live. Haven't done any work in front of the camera since high school! It was nerve racking yet exciting and an honor to be invited to be a guest on a show. I discuss my experience at the Pasadena Media and my aspirations. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment