Navigation Bar Tabs

Sunday, May 12, 2019

Desert X


A little over a month ago, I was very fortunate to join my sister and her two friends to explore the beauty of Desert X in Palm Springs. Surprisingly, it was super windy at the first location we went to, which had Sterling Ruby's orange geometric sculpture called Specter. Hair my my face, sand in my mouth. Yes, you guessed it, I would talk and I can feel myself crunching away. Nevertheless, worth battling the wind and sand to see this orange beauty in person.

Next stop, Superflex, by Rasmus Nielsen. A pink safe haven from everything. A shelter that reminded me of sponges a little. A gem for the ones who need a place to just feel like home.

Hungry bellies called for... FOOD. We stopped at French Corner Cafe. It brought me back to studying abroad in Paris, as it was a little French cafe with servers who had a French accent. The cordon bleu sandwich with fries was good. The meat and sauces were a great combo and the fries were great. The size of the portion was a little lacking as it was a little bit pricey but was satisfying to eat.

Last stop for the day, Pia Camil's Lover's Rainbow. A simple yet creative design, with a shape of a heart when the sun hits it just right, creating a shadow to make the love symbol.

Definitely one for the books to an end of my spring break adventures.










French Corner Cafe: Cordon Bleu Sandwich 




No comments:

Post a Comment