Navigation Bar Tabs

Friday, May 24, 2019

Spring Break with Family


April may have past, but let's stroll back to memory lane shall we? I know, I'm a little late. My apologies as I juggled school, work, and career related matters. Nevertheless, I still love to share my food adventures with you! Be patient with me as it takes some time sifting through pictures to use. Many posts in drafts in the works, so keep a look out for them throughout this summer!

During Spring Break, I was able to have lots of family time. Always good to be able to be home for the break. Home sweet home, am I right?

One of the many food stops was The Congee. Always good to have some congee when I'm back home. Probably one of the many comfort foods for me. The fish balls had a little kick to it, with a spicy sauce it. It was alright. Without the spice would have been better for me, since I don't like spicy foods much. Both congees were delicious. I'm bias but I like preserved egg with shredded pork congee better. The beef congee had a little bit of pepper in it, but overall it was good. The lo mein was great. The noodles were amazing, flavorful and chewy and the stew was excellent, very tender. The pan fried rolls were also delicious and flavorful.

The Congee: House Special Fish Balls 
Ginger and Scallion with Beef Congee 
Preserved egg with shredded pork congee
Two items Lo Mein with Stew and Fish Tofu 
Special Pan Fried Rolls 
Another food stop was Green Earth Vegan Cuisine. My mom and I ordered one starter - Quinoa Sushi and two lunch specials - Chow Mein and Vegetable Teriyaki and Broccoli that came with the soup of the day. I loved the soup. It was so good! The spinach and tofu were a great combination. The quinoa sushi was very light and delicious. The chow mein dish was great. The noodles had a great texture and just the right amount of flavor. The vegetable teriyaki and broccoli also was great.  

Green Earth Vegan Cuisine: The Soup of the Day -Spinach and Tofu Soup 
Quinoa Sushi 
Vegetable Teriyaki and Broccoli 
Chow Mein 
A second mother and daughter day. We went to Pho Hai Kieu. This trip was inspired by June Quan, on her Instagram account, @stirandstyle. She is a food blogger and documents her food adventures on her Instagram. My mom and I both ordered the Pho Ga Boneless Chicken Slices. Amazing!! I loved how it was really clear and the chicken was juicy and tender. 

Pho Hai Kieu: Pho Ga Boneless Chicken Slices 
Always down to eat Japanese food. I found myself with my parents at Mikomi Sushi in West Covina again. Tonkotsu Ramen (in another post as well)  is still one of my favorites. Ramen and California Rolls. A great combination.

Mokomi Sushi: California Rolls
Tonkotsu Ramen
Food adventure with the parentals. We headed to President Thai and it was a really nice experience. First off, the salad was great. The dressing was amazing, not too heavy, just right. The wonton soup was amazing. The wontons were delicious and the meat was tender and juicy. The soup was really good, just the right amount of flavor. The Cashew Delight was simple yet flavorful. Similar to Kung Pao Chicken except a lot clearer. The Chicken Pad Thai was also amazing. Very authentic. 

Salad
Wonton Soup 
Cashew Delight 
Chicken Pad Thai
Next stop, Marugame Udon with the parentals. It is an order what you want and get what you want as you go down the assembly line to the check out. I got udon, beef, onions, and some fried crumblies. Love noodles, so can't go wrong any way. After filling our tummies, we headed to the Americana. We stayed for a while in Barnes & Noble, reading books. Stumbled upon Laduree, a French bakery with lots of sweets including macaroons! I've been to the Aermicana multiple times, but this time was a little different and extra special. Not only did I get a fun packed day with my parents, but I also got to stroll down memory lane and feel like I am back in Paris. I first heard of Laduree when I was in Paris during my study abroad trip in January. Those macaroons were spectacular. So so good! To see it in America was really nice. Definitely missed Paris a little extra that day.

Marugame Udon





The Americana 




No comments:

Post a Comment