Navigation Bar Tabs

Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Hairspray


       Hairspray, Hairspray, Hairspray! It's been less than four weeks since the cast, crew, and orchestra were all in the auditorium rehearsing. Crazy how time flies. In the following pictures are the journey throughout this journey of mine through my first and last musical. This has definitely been a wonderful experience for me. Hairspray is my first and last musical in high school that I was able to be a part of. I can't thank my teachers enough for letting me be the light board operator for this musical. It has definitely been a roller-coaster through these past weeks, but with friends and family, it was worthwhile to endure all the restless nights and stressful days. Last show got many emotional and for me, I felt as if high school was coming to an end already. This production is one of the highlights of my senior year. The days after at school, we got to strike the set, meaning take it apart and recycle the wood pieces we can still use for future shows. Many set pieces we did not take apart because we are lending them to another school to use. I took tons of pictures with the set pieces. I miss the musical already. Hairspray, you are timeless to me. 


Rehearsals call for pictures!


The Welcome Corny sign



Opening day, for lunch I was able to eat out with my mom and sister at the newest and latest hit place in Pasadena, Tatsunoya. 


Mmm mmm good!


We got food from Veggie Grill for dad and chocolate pudding to go as well! It was so good!


Opening night! Some people on stage crew went to The Hat. This is my first to eat these fries!


We ate macarons for dessert at home! From Lette! 


My favorite was the coconut one.


The stage view of the lights on when I press the light cue. 



I was able to be Tracy for a bit to test out the blanket so we can put the blanket onto the bed before show starts.


Mommy made my favorite! It's called Nian Gao, also known as sticky rice cakes.


I had to fix some source4 lights when I channel checked to make sure the lights worked properly for the show. Therefore, I went to the catwalk to fix the lights at times. It's hot and scary up there! 


It rain on Saturday. It looked so cool! You can see the rain coming down when you are close to the lights.


Streams of water coming down.



Closing night we got flowers for the seniors. I got one too, and it was so pretty! Thank you to my stage manager for buying them!


Hairspray can


The jail cell... It was very hard to build this. At the end, it came out nicely.


WZZT sign


Striking the set... the memories are all in my head.

No comments:

Post a Comment