Navigation Bar Tabs

Thursday, January 12, 2017

Drought Shenanigans

        Rain, rain, come again. California needs more rain to be rid of a drought. Despite all of the rain we have gotten lately from Mother Nature, some parts of California is still in a drought, like Southern California. Nevertheless, it is great to hear the sound of the pitter-patter of the raindrops on the roof of the house. The best ways to enjoy the rainy days are indoors with movies and blankets. That is why my mom, sister, and I went to watch Hidden Figures at the movie theatres Thursday (no blankets but indoors). It was such a great and emotional movie. My sister and I both cried during the movie. It hits you in the feels for sure. I want to read the book now.
        After the movie, we went to eat at Fresh QBake. It's a steamed seafood place, where you order raw seafood and it is steamed to get it cooked. It was pretty good. Brought back memories of the steamed seafood I had in Hong Kong (I left out steamed seafood pictures from my last Hong Kong post; please excuse me and I'll let you know when I update it once I find the pictures). I still like my first taste of steamed seafood at Hong Kong best, but it was definitely nice to have something similar like it here in California. Then off to Matcha Matcha we went for some ice cream and some shopping. We brought home Uncle Tetsu and Sidechick for our dad.
        Great rainy day adventure.




















No comments:

Post a Comment