Navigation Bar Tabs

Saturday, April 29, 2017

Week 14


        Another week of some crazy firsts in just a single week. This past week I got to see a band I love, Against the Current, at my school, went to an Awards Banquet and presented the award to my professor, and did technical directing for Titan Weekly. 

April 27: Last last Friday, I requested to do TD (technical director) for the Titan Weekly show for the following week. How it works is we have to email what position we like to do to the production coordinator and then we will be added to the show. This past Monday, the production coordinator emailed me back saying sure. I included in my email that another person who is more experienced should also be on it, since it will be my first time technical directing, but I've been trained. One other person was listed next to my name (She has the same first name as me, still so cool!) on the official list. Then Thursday, April 27, I was the technical director! We had technical difficulties again, but we managed and put on a good show. Can't wait to see it on YouTube soon. 
Broadcast Pix Used for technical directing
April 26: The BH Awards Banquet finally arrived. I was so so nervous to present the award to my professor. It was the first time I'm presenting an award to someone very important (I did it once, but it was a fellow friend.. I don't think it counts..). I didn't want to mess up the names of the nominees for the award and that day I had a speech as well in the morning for my public speaking class. Nerves on nerves. BUT I did it! I didn't say anyone's name wrong. However, my nervousness definitely showed... But who wouldn't be nervous for something like this. Plus I am a freshman so all of it was so new to me. It was an honor to present the award to my professor with nerves and all. 


April 24: Monday. The only reason I was excited for Monday was Against the Current, a band I discovered through Spotify, was playing at my very own school! It was so cool! Despite missing most of the performance due to class, I made it to 1.25 songs. The last song they played was "Gravity," and it is my favorite song. I got to take a selfie with them too! It was amazing. Definitely worth rushing to see after my macroeconomics class. Below is a little video I captured that day. Enjoy!(To watch it you have to use Firefox or Chrome, Safari does not work. Sorry about that!)


Have a wonderful rest of the weekend folks! Time for me to hit the haystack and wake up tomorrow to study for my exams. Stay tuned. 


No comments:

Post a Comment