Navigation Bar Tabs

Sunday, May 7, 2017

Family Time + DIY Project Before Finals



        Exactly one week and a day before finals start. It is quite scary just knowing how fast my freshman year in college is coming to a close in just a few weeks. But before thinking of all that and feeling the emotions building from leaving the dorm life and saying goodbyes to the new friends I made in college, I went home this weekend for family time and along the way did a DIY project.
        I spend some time with family and had a sister adventure to two ice cream places in Downtown LA. We went to Little Damage first and then Midori Matcha Cafe. At Little Damage, we got two ice cream cones, one flavor was Black Rose and the other was Unicorn Tears. They were really good. Both were not too sweet. I definitely recommend Black Rose for its rose flavor that is not overpowering and the activated charcoal all mixed in one. At Midori Matcha Cafe, we ordered an organic matcha soft serve. It was a powerful matcha flavor since its organic, but it was creamy and delicious. A well spent ice cream trip.










        I've been dying to use food dye and shaving cream for a long, long time (probably since last year). I found this DIY project by ABeautifulMess a while back but never got around to actually trying it. This project teaches you how to marble with shaving cream and ink (food dye). One of my professors is moving, so my class wants to give him a farewell gift. I was thinking of making some quote frames (don't know if that is the actual term), where I write a quote for our professor in calligraphy style. Then I remembered this DIY project so I tried it today on construction paper and cardstock paper.  I liked the effect on construction paper better actually. Below are some pictures of my process of this DIY project. I will show you the final result with the quote on the paper and in the frame once I'm done. Stay tuned!

















        Happy World Laughter Day everyone! Have a wonderful week!



No comments:

Post a Comment