Navigation Bar Tabs

Sunday, August 14, 2016

Hong Kong Trip Part 1


       My Hong Kong trip was definitely an eye opener for me. It made me realize there is so so much to see and learn in this world. I can't say I experienced culture shock, but I would say I learned how another part of the world lives. Been living in one continent all my life, and when I went across the world to another continent, it made me see so much more than I can ever imagine. I see how other people live their lives, how they do their grocery shopping, buying clothes, go from one destination to another, and so much more. It makes me feel more grateful for what I've got. Food on the table, a roof over my head, an education, etc.
       Okay ready for my adventures with my mom and auntie who took us everywhere?? (:


       First day there was at night, so we got something simple. Wonton noodle soup. And let me tell you, it is SOOO good!!! I literally had so much wonton noodle soup when I went out before I went to Hong Kong just so I can compare LA's version to the real deal. No match. Hands down Hong Kong. The noodles are different. It's a certain type of noodle just for wonton noodle soup. The noodles have a natural taste already that makes them so delicious. The best part is... the wontons... have shrimp in them! In LA, the wontons are just some type of meat inside, but in Hong Kong, shrimp. I love shrimp by the way, so I loved it. Had some dessert after as well. (:



        Day 2, DISNEYLAND IN HONG KONG! A must go if you are a huge Disney fan. It's smaller than LA's. Theirs have a lot of places to take pictures. It was really humid though and many people. Luckily, school wasn't out yet so it was less people. Some people can be really rude too and cut and push you. There were some shows that we don't have back in LA such as The Wondrous Book and Mickey's PhilharMagic. Some rides I rode were the ones that only Hong Kong had: the RC racer, Mystic Manor, Toy Soldier Parachute Drop, and Big Grizzly Mountain Runaway Mine Cars. RC Racer was an hour wait. It was somewhat worth it cause I sat next to two people, one who works for Disney as an artist in England and the friend was really nice too. The ride was fun, but I think I expected it to be more since I waited so long. Haha. The Mystic Manor one was really cute. It's a monkey who opens a magical music box that when it's open, it causes inanimate objects to come to life. So cute! The Parachute Drop was a fun ride with a breeze and a view. The Mine Cars was great! A fast ride and it goes backwards too! Personally, I still love Disneyland in Anaheim best, but it's always nice to explore the Disneyland Parks. 2 down, 4 more to go. (:






















































       Day 3: Hong Kong Heritage Museum. It was a few exhibits inside the museum. There were exhibits for Bruce Lee, Chinese paintbrush paintings, Chinese history with artifacts, old toys, and kids area. It was fun learning about Bruce Lee and watching a video about his life story from his family, friends, and co-workers. I really liked how there were so many different exhibits in one place to check out. The Chinese paintbrush paintings were really nice to see, as well as the artifacts. The old toys and kids are took me down memory lane, remembering all the fun times and games we used to play when we were children. Wow, that makes me feel so old. But then again, I am an adult now. Haha.









No comments:

Post a Comment