Navigation Bar Tabs

Saturday, August 20, 2016

Hong Kong Trip Part 3


       Day 8: Shopping - For breakfast, we went to Tim Ho Wan, dim sum. It was really good! The dim sum were very clear compared to in California. When in Hong Kong, you have to go shopping. One of the must do's, other than eating lots of food. Bought quite a bit overall during the trip. Some things I would never find so cheap in California as I did there. Other stuff was a little pricier, but I would never buy it again. Let alone see it again. I got my first discount too! I told the guy in the store that the tiny jukebox music machine is by Frank Sinatra, not Elvis Presley when he was showing it to me and my mom when we were looking at it. He told us when he bought supplies for it, they told him the song is by Elvis Presley. Nope. Since I told him, he gave me a discount. (: I literally told my mom, mom we need to buy something. Anything. Actually we did end up buying stuff. One of the things we bought was a hairbrush. My aunt told me those hairbrush (it's in a case that looks like a bean) are good for people who have tangled hair. That's me! I love it now! If only I bought one more for myself in case the one I'm using breaks or gets too worn out in the future. Definitely really good hairbrush.  (the pics are not in chronological order)










        Day 9: Closed Places and more food stops - The, places my aunt wanted to take us were closed... Fortunately, we went stopped by a Korean dessert place. It reminded me of Hooshik from home. Must compare! Haha. It was good, but home is better. It wouldn't melt as fast. We also tried the famous goose at Kam's Roasted Goose. Really good. You have to wait though for a seat, but it was totally worth it. That night, I had my first buffet in HK. It was so good!!! I like the buffets in HK better than California because there were Chinese/herbal soups and I feel there is more of a variety in terms of food and desserts too.














        Day 10: Snoopyland and shopping - We went out with my mom's friend for lunch. A friend she hasn't seen in years. It was nice. It was funny when my mom's friend and her daughter were shocked how I love eating chicken, duck, and pig feet, herbal soups, and more Chinese types of foods. They didn't expect that because I'm an ABC, American Born Chinese. I felt proud. Proud of my Chinese culture and the Chinese in me. Keeping the love of Chinese food alive as an American. (: I finally got to go to Snoopyland and take some pictures because the first time we tried to go, it was closed, due to raining cats and dogs. Then we had dessert. We had desserts similar to Phoenix back home. I think this one I would say home is better but I still liked the HK version too. It was different but still really good. Then off to shopping we went!
















        Day 11: Shopping - More shopping. For lunch we ate at an Italian restaurant. Really good! We bought groceries for dinner and supplies. We bought this package, consisting of feet and papaya. It's like those packages where they already have the ingredients for you and all you have to do it put them all together. It was really good.




No comments:

Post a Comment