Navigation Bar Tabs

Friday, December 30, 2016

Hong Kong Trip Part 5


        Day 15: Lunch Buffet + Shopping + Bakery - We had a lunch buffet with another aunt in Hong Kong. After that, she took us to Metro Harbour Plaza to shop. After that we went to buy some bakery goods. A simple day.









        Day 16: Tai O + Big Buddha + Ngong Ping 260 - Off to Tai O! A place where you can find stilt-houses are built on the water. I found it fascinating how people can live in them and created a town by making little shops and restaurants around the area. Many visitors come by just to see this town and check out how they live as well. First we took a boat to Tai O with my aunt's friend. The first thing we did when we got there was buy drinks to quench our thirst. We also got cuttlefish balls. I got to hold a cuttlefish by the hook too! It was huge, I was so scared I'll drop it. After that, we walked around Tai O, all around on the walking path. It was a nice walk, with a little breeze every so often. Next stop, Big Buddha. It took about 15 minutes to get there from Tai O on a bus. We all walked the stairs to the Big Buddha except my aunt. The stairs seemed a lot, but it wasn't that much as long as you take two to three stops along the way. The view from the top was breathtaking. It was really nice. Walking down was a breeze. Then we reunited with my aunt and headed to Ngong Ping 360. It is a cable car ride on Lantau Island. It was so nice to just enjoy the green nature and a peaceful ride. Definitely a well spent day. Unfortunately, the next day I realized I got a sunburn... But it was totally worth it.




















        Day 17: Fish Shabu Shabu + Shopping + Movie - I woke up late this day. Haha. I slept until 11. Once I got up, we headed to the Shabu Shabu. The fish we ordered had a duck type mouth. It was huge! The lemon ice tea was huge too! It was in a beer sized jar. After lunch, we went shopping again and then watched a Chinese film called Cold War. For dinner we had steak. It was SO good! I never ate a huge steak like that before back home. Makes me want to now though. I will soon!






No comments:

Post a Comment