Navigation Bar Tabs

Wednesday, December 28, 2016

Winter Break Adventures

        Happy holidays everyone! I hope everyone had a great Christmas this past Saturday with family and friends.
        It has been almost two weeks since I have been back from college. I have been doing quite a bit actually. These past 13 days consisted of spending time with family, browsing internship opportunities that I may apply to in junior year, learning how to code on my own, reading a book, catching up on sleep, helping out in the house, and planning meet ups with friends.
        Two Saturday's ago, my family and I went to the California Science Center to see the Science Behind Pixar exhibit. Without a doubt, you will learn so much about the production process of a Pixar animated film. I know I did. I had no idea how much it takes to make a single Pixar animated film. It's incredible to see the whole process and appreciate animated films and films in general more. It made me feel really happy learning all of this because I want to be a part of the production process in the future. After going through the Science Behind Pixar exhibit, we went to the Space Shuttle Endeavour after. The Endeavour is humongous! It was really cool to see it in person and learn a little about the emergency exit of the shuttle and the tiles of the bottom of shuttle. Next stop was the Earth in Concert exhibit. There, I saw some of the ways musicians used music to protect our planet. After that, we headed out to get an early dinner. I hadn't had Pho in such as long time. It is so nice to eat authentic Asian food.














        I was craving Dim Sum, so two Monday's ago, I got Dim Sum with my mom in the morning. My tummy definitely was a happy camper the rest of the day. My mom and I went again to get Dim Sum with my grandma the next day. It was so nice to see my grandma in so long.


        Starting the first Tuesday back, I started learning coding on my own. I started with HTML and now I am off to JavaScript. I always wanted to learn ever since my friend Connie helped me with my blog's design. It seems so cool and amazing to know the nitty-gritty details of websites and computer programs. These codings are the backbone structure of the websites and programs we use. It is nice to how things work. By the end of winter break, I hope to finish learning JavaScript and CSS coding.


        Then the next few days in the first week back was spend with family. Thursday I got ramen at Hanashima with my parents. Friday, my sister was off and took my mom and I out to get Korean soup at Sun Nong Dan and got a waffle dessert after at Caffe Bene. Nothing is better on a cold day than something warm. To top it off, we went to get some Dolci desserts. On Saturday as a family, we went to Disney on Ice, a little tradition we like to do every year. As you can tell, I am a huge Disney lover, along with my family. For dinner, we went to Jazz Cat and had dessert at Chelo Creamery.









        On Christmas day, my dad and I went to watch Rogue One. A little father daughter bonding type of day. It was a little slow in my opinion in the beginning, but it was still really good. To top of Christmas, we had homemade hot pot for dinner. Yum!


        Today, I hanged out with some high school friends, Kim and Ashley at Boiling Point and Boba Avenue. It was really nice to catch up since college started.



        As 2016 comes to a close, I like to thank all of my fellow readers for reading and bearing with my absences as I am adjusting in college and balancing everything. Thank you so much! I also like to mention I will be publishing a few more posts in the next three days. Some of them include my trip to Hong Kong. Yes I know, I have not finished posting the last three posts of my Hong Kong trip, and I apologize. BUT they are coming! Stay tuned as they will be coming in the next few days!

No comments:

Post a Comment