Navigation Bar Tabs

Saturday, December 31, 2016

Reflection


Taken on Nov. 26
Taken on Dec. 10
        The year of 2016 was filled with changes and new experiences. From high school to college, I had to adjust to a new academic environment. In between the transition, I was able to go to Hong Kong as a graduating celebration. Adventuring in Hong Kong was icing on the cake before heading off to college. I got to learn new things and see how other people live in a different country. It was a whole new experience living in a different country and adjusting to the humidity. It was definitely a crazy, wonderful experience to go on before a new academic adventure takes off.
        Being in college, I learned to be more independent on my own in a different atmosphere without my family with me physically. I was scared about going to college at first, worrying how I will survive college and adjust to the college life on my own. It was not as scary once I got to CSUF. I met such nice and friendly people who made my first semester in college a wonderful college experience already. I even met some people who I feel will be my friends for life. The friends I made definitely helped me through the semester by giving me great support. My family gave me great support as well along this new chapter of my life.
        Being home from college during the holiday times was different. Things at home change. New construction everywhere I go seems like. It is definitely a different feeling being home after being in college. I appreciate having family time a lot more and seeing their faces in person. I learn to appreciate the things my family does a lot more. Coming home, everyone seems to tell me that I am a happier person. I guess now I manage my stress better and live life a little more than before.
        With new changes, I know one thing is for sure. I learned what I really want to do with my life in the future. I discovered I need to do what I love and pursue it. With passion and perseverance, anything is possible.
        Keep pursuing what you love and doing things that make you happy. Someday is not an option. Here is to a great 2017 everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment