Navigation Bar Tabs

Wednesday, March 15, 2017

Truth of Nineteen


        There comes a point when you hit that mark of the last teen year. Nineteen. Tomorrow, I will be officially 19 years old. Today is my last day as an 18 year old. For starters, my last day as 18 did not go so well. Given more things to do on top of an overfilled plate already. That was the point when I dropped it and waterworks came to soften my clumsiness. All my plans on that plate got washed out the door or changed around.
        Then at night, I thought, "Is this what getting older means? More things on your plate?" Raindrops falling out of the sky on a hot sunny day? You ask yourself, "Where did that even come from?"
        If that's what getting older means then I sure don't like getting older, especially getting closer to being an official adult in a few years. But then I thought to myself, maybe this is the test if I can handle the pressure. If I can handle it. A friend helped me plan my weekend out to fit most of the things I had planned already and add things in. For the most part, it was similar to my general plan as well (I didn't hash out all the details on which task to do on which day, usually I just try to get one done and go from there).
        I really did not think I can handle it. But I read some of my old blog posts to help me out (stumbled upon grammar mistakes so I fixed them along the way). They helped. They motivated me and reminded me that I can do this. It is funny how the old me is helping the present me. This is the real deal. Adulting is hard. No turning back. Life is just going to get harder from here on out. It will toss so many more things at you, even at your face. As if a gush of wind blew a newspaper into your face. That is the feeling I am in right now. Goodbye young me, and hello to an older, hopefully wiser child who needs to remember stress adds up as you get older.
     
Being the odd one out and figuring out how to mix into this crazy 18 going on 19 transformation like a  flower trying to find its place in a sea of lily pads.

* Made a little outline on which days I will do what for this weekend *

No comments:

Post a Comment