Navigation Bar Tabs

Monday, May 22, 2017

CSUF Class of 2017


        Congratulations to the California State University, Fullerton Class of 2017! You finally did it!

        It was my honor to be a volunteer and help live stream one of colleges of the many commencements, College of Communications, on Sunday, May 21. Waking up at 6:30 AM was totally worth it. It was a privilege to be a part of something bigger than myself. Seeing all the smiling faces among the sea of graduates, the support system of family and friends, and the inspiration of faculty and staff was incredible. It was so much fun helping out and being able to let the family and friends who can't attend or make the event to watch it live on the CSUF website. Listening to the speeches, tearing up along the way, and even having all the feels rush through me were something I cannot express fully in words. I was smiling ear to ear, so proud of the graduates, even if they were mainly strangers to me. I was able to see someone from high school walk the stage that day, can you believe that? I may not know her personally, only spoke to her maybe once or twice, but it was amazing to see her graduate. I even saw my twin who has the same name as me, Melina graduate! She was sitting just below from where I was standing to film the commencement. It was truly something special.

        Class of 2017:
        Now are off on a new chapter of your lives. As one chapter closes, a new chapter opens the many doors you can enter and exit. Be bold, be brave, be fearless. Don't forget to be yourself and make your own path. Follow your heart and do what you love. Congratulations again! You did it!

Class of 2017, College of Communications graduates 

Before graduation ceremony- prep work

Lights, Camera, Live Stream Ceremony

Wandering CSUF campus to pass the time waiting for parents to pick me up after the ceremony 





I was Camera 3! What an honor to be on Titan Communications' Instagram feed!


No comments:

Post a Comment