Navigation Bar Tabs

Saturday, May 20, 2017

First Year of College ✔️


        First year of college done! I am honestly still in awe knowing that I finished my first year so fast. Feels like just yesterday I was moving in, being that clumsy person that I am, forgetting my laptop charger... This week was finals week, and surprisingly, it was not as scary as I thought it would be. Of course, the nerves still kicked in. There's no doubt that there are a lot of pressure still on the line, but Thursday was the official day I finally can take a breath and relax. I had my last final on Thursday as a freshman. Crazy how fast this semester went but crazier how fast the school year went.
        To celebrate finals being over, my friend Gabi and I started a tradition to watch a show or movie. This time, we watched Everything Before Us and one of our friends, Melody, joined us for a little bit before she had to go home.
        Then we ended up talking about personalities, and I discovered I am a INFJ type. It's so funny how even this personality test I took even said that accounting isn't something I should do. It will not leave me fulfilled in life. I need to find a career where I am truly happy and am able to grow along the way as I use my creativity and personal touch into what I do. It's so crazy because throughout my high school days (man, it's only been a year ago.. but I feel old just saying that), there were times when I questioned if accounting will be something I really like. I worried whether or not accounting will be something I like long term even though I knew I probably won't. It just goes to confirm it is a good thing to follow your heart and one out of the many people in my life, a complete stranger, Tammy, told me her story and gave me advice when I was conflicted in the beginning of the spring semester on minoring in Cinema and Television of Arts. She made me realize I need to choose something I am passionate about and not care what anyone thinks. Sometimes it's harder to do that say it, but I think I finally am able to say I am listening and taking action.
        Soon after talking about personalities, we went to get dinner at The Habit. Gabi never tried it, so we had to go. She liked it! Then we went to Yogurtland. I miss frozen yogurt. After that, we headed back to the dorms and finished the movie. It was so good! It made you think what it would be like living in a utopian society where relationships (including emotions) played a role in your life like a credit score. It would make the world totally different and scary to live in.
        After my friend left, I started packing for home. Defrosting the fridge was a pain and gave me a work out just getting the ice to melt enough to rip off and toss into the sink in the restroom to melt under hot water. Thank goodness there wasn't a lot of ice. Packing away things made me felt sad because it means the dorm life is coming to a close. Here I am now, writing from home, not from college, and it feels so different for some reason. Dorm life officially came to a close around 3:30 PM today, and my parents and I headed to NBC Seafood restaurant for dinner.
        Before I wrap this post up, I want to just say thank you to all the people who went on this journey with me in my first year in college. Whether you are the people I met at CSUF or you are one of the readers who keep up with me, I am truly grateful for having people who care so much and helped me grow. It was not easy to say the least, but with all of you, I was able to follow my passion and listen to my heart for a change. I hope all of you out there will too. Follow your heart and let it lead you to where you should be.

P.S. The last picture below is the official quote frames I made for my professor who is moving. They aren't perfect and have flaws, but I'm happy how they turned out for the most part. I put hours into them both. Let me know what you guys think!

Have a great rest of the week everyone! 















No comments:

Post a Comment