Navigation Bar Tabs

Friday, December 29, 2017

Alaska Cruise: Seattle


July 30

The fifth and last stop, Seattle. Bittersweet moment. We packed most of our belongings into our luggages the previous night and finished packing that following morning. It was time to say goodbye to the cruising life. Time to got back on land and travel with as far as our feet can lead us.

We had one last excursion for our cruise trip and it included the Space Needle and the Pike Place Market. The Space Needle was beautiful. The view was amazing from way up high. Breathtaking view from all sides. Loved it. It's incredible how the Space Needle was made as well. There was some history on it on the way up to the top so I read it along the way in line.

Then we went back on the bus and the bus driver took us to the Pike Place Market. The market was very crowded and very little walkway. I didn't expect it to be so hard to get from one little shop to the other in the little booths they are in. It was interesting to see it all come to life, a community location where every citizen can venture and explore. There was the original, very first Starbucks too! We did actually get to go inside (should of though... next time!) due to the huge line out the door and we didn't think of just going in to just check out how it looks and if it is different from the ones we have back in California. Oh wells, for sure next time we will check it out!

While I was standing in front of Starbucks, I texted my sister, letting her know where we are and she recommended checking out the Gum Wall. I was so lost on what that was and where it was. Frantically searching on my slow data and using my batteries sparingly, I put the term in the search engine on Safari. I found out it's in Pike Place Market! Who knew! BUT I was still lost on where it was exactly and if we will have enough time to get to it and be back to board the bus to airport. The simplest solution was... to ask someone! That is exactly what I did. It never hurts to ask when you need directions. We found the Gum Wall, made our mark individually, and the aftermath was a happy face! It was gross, cool, and satisfying all at the same time. Another one for the books.

It has always been one of my bucket list items to go to Washington. In elementary school, I did my state project on Washington. I love the greens and the nature, so I made it a goal to go to Washington someday to see what's it like there. I did it! One less item off my bucket list. A great way to end my first cruise, Alaska Cruise. Until next time.





































No comments:

Post a Comment