Navigation Bar Tabs

Tuesday, December 26, 2017

October 2017 Recap


October 8: Lady M (in Tan-Cha)

My big sister loves bringing home desserts for the family to try. This chocolate cake from Lady M was quite something. The layers of cake were great like the other cakes there.




October 9: California Wildfires

Awful wildfires raged throughout California in areas such as Sonoma County, Napa region, and Northern California. The smoke from the fires was terrible. I was walking back to the apartments after my last class for the day and saw the huge smoke behind me.






October 10: Continuation of CA Wildfires

Woke up, coughing a little, smelling the smoky air. The air quality worsened, causing difficulty for people to breath. Luckily, the smoke dissipated after a few days and the air smelled less of the wood smoke.




October 12: CAA Info Session

Off to the CAA info session I went to learn more about the agency. Walked back to the apartments and saw the pretty night atmosphere with a few night lights. Never out so late and saw the beauty of the night life on campus.




October 14: Lucille's Smokehouse Bar-B-Que

My family had Lucille's Smokehouse Bar-B-Que for dinner with some home-cooked food. The ribs and mac and cheese were so good! The mac and cheese was not too cheesy, just right. The ribs were savory and scrumptious. I recommend this place to try.




October 15: Han Bat Shul Lung Tang+Cafe Bora+Crafted Donuts (in Koreatown)

My sister and I went on a sister bonding lunch date to three places. First stop was Han Bat Shul Lung Tang for Korean Oxtail soup for lunch. It was amazing! I LOVED it so, so much. The soup was really clear, very filling. There were meats and some noodles inside the soup. Having rice soup is the greatest. I would definitely recommend this place. We finished really fast, less than 20 minutes. It was that good. It's also perfect for the cold weather to have something warm to eat and have the warm and fuzzy feeling inside. It's also an excellent choice just to have rice soup if you like rice soup or would like to try it, the Korean style.

Then off we went to Cafe Bora. It is a little dessert place that serves Korean purple sweet potato dessert options. It was originally from Seoul, Korea, hence it is in Koreatown. The purple sweet potato flavor isn't too sweet the way they make it. Really nice and smooth. It's amazing how many options the shop can make with the core idea of incorporating the purple sweet potato in each dessert choice. We ordered the purple sweet potato bingsu and the purple sweet potato tiramisu. They were delightful. The bingsu was similar to ice with a purple sweet potato sauce on top. However, the ice wasn't typical ice. It was soft, smooth, and in a way creamy. The tiramisu was fluffy and just super cute. I love the decor of the shop, from the furniture to the flower displays and wall decorations. The way the dishes were served in small containers were unique and adorable as well.

After that, we headed to Crafted Donuts to get some donuts to bring home for the family to enjoy. Mmm mmm good. We got the lemon poppy seed, banana cream pie, and creme brûlée. They were also delectable. I loved how they tasted like their names genuinely. Really cool and the tastes were spectacular.













October 19: Chick-fil-A Birthday Celebration

It's my friend Gabi's birthday! Josh, Madee, Gabi, and I celebrated her day at Chick-fil-A. It was a small hangout of friends; I thought it was really cute. It was also my first time there (I forgot to show the chicken nuggets when I took my picture; excuse moi), and it was good. It would have been nicer if the portion was bigger, but the service was excellent.




October 25: Sunset

Came back from dinner and saw this beauty on the way back to the apartments. So peaceful and calm.




October 26: Women's Soccer- Titans VS. Hawaii

Another break from studying and homework by supporting the Titans at a sports game. I only stayed for the first half of the game like usual, but I saw two goals made by the wonderful Titan team! Woot woot!





October 28: Family Gathering

A family gathering at my grandma’s house. It was nice to spend some time with family (even though I brought my book to study for my exam). Always nice to see everyone’s faces or majority of the family who attends. We also celebrated my Uncle T’s birthday early. We also had a small slice of cake for just my family to try. Pretty good! 





October 29: Titan Student Union Study Session


Studying in a different environment with my friend Gabi. We did some exploring of the Titan Student Union (TSU) and discovered a room that was huge for meetings and such. I never knew how pretty it looks in the TSU courtyard until this night. The lights were a cool touch and the music choice the TSU plays was pretty good. I heard different songs that I never heard before; I asked Siri on my phone to discover the song titles and screenshot them to listen for later. A really calm and peaceful studying session with my lovely friend Gabi. Great way to end the night. 






No comments:

Post a Comment