Navigation Bar Tabs

Wednesday, December 27, 2017

Thanksgiving 2017 Recap


November 16: Cioppino+Beginning of Thanksgiving

Time to head back home for a week long of Thanksgiving break. I brought back some cioppino for my family to try. It is a fish stew that was originated in San Francisco. This was my first time trying this dish (not in the picture was sourdough to eat with the dish) and I loved it. If I remember correctly, I think I even got three bowls of it, hehe. Super delicious.




November 18: Hanashima 

Still love the ramen and teriyaki chicken bowl at Hanashima, but the soup base of the ramen has changed. I'm not sure if it's just me, but the soup base is a bit spicy; maybe more peppery or more seasoned. 




November 19: Pho

As always, I have to stop by a pho place because the noodles are pho-nomenon. I love the noodles. (: My parents and I also got a spring roll appetizer to enjoy.






November 19: Sprinkles Cupcakes

My sister brought home a cupcake from work, a Sprinkles cupcake. Mmm mmm good.




November 20: Delicious Food Corner

Drove a bit today and I felt accomplished parking on the curb. My mom and I went to eat at Delicious Food Corner before I went to my internship site. Congee and fried noodles are the best in the morning for a warm and simple breakfast.






November 21: Udon+Winter Melon Soup

I haven't had udon for a long, long time so my mumsy made me some udon for lunch. A happy camper is moi!





November 22: Simmer Huang+Meet Fresh+Target

My mom, sister, and I tried a new place called Simmer Huang. It was pretty good actually. It was just weird how they didn't let us take the leftover soup with some veggies when they let the other table pack their leftovers to go... Maybe because we said that we wanted to pack the soup to go and not the veggies? Who knows. It was good though.

Then we walked to Meet Fresh (it's in the same plaza) and tried a different dessert, Q Mochi Shaved Ice. It was good! We still liked the Meet signature option best.

With full bellies, we headed to Target, where my sister and I found some really weird games. The board games we grew up with were plain and simple. Now, the games are just plain weird and I don't even know what to say. I'll just let you see the pictures below.











Why would you want to play a game that eats babies...???




November 23: Coco+Sprouts+JJ2 Bakery+7 Leaves+Dinner

My dad, sister, and I went to the movie theatres to watch Coco because I get extra credit for watching the movie and answering a writing prompt one of my professors provide. Turns out, we were all very wrong about the movie. It was really, really good. I liked it a lot, and I love how it had a plot twist, just like another Disney movie, Frozen. The movie Coco in my opinion is a convergent media that takes place during Thanksgiving time just like the Disney movie, Frozen. Both have themes on family and being thankful. I can see how the Walt Disney Company has learned from four years ago in making Frozen and transitioned their knowledge into producing Coco this year around.

After the movie credits, we went to get lunch and got take out at JJ2 Bakery while getting some snacks at Sprouts and get some drinks at 7 Leaves. All the foods were delicious. I love the little soups and meals because it is like a bento box since it has a little bit of everything for lunch.

Dinner was even better. Homemade food is always the best with some jellyfish we ordered out. Happy to be home to be with family and eat some shrimp!






No comments:

Post a Comment