Navigation Bar Tabs

Friday, December 22, 2017

August 2017 Recap


August 2: Oo-kook Tofu & BBQ

My auntie, mom, and I went to Oo-kook Tofu & BBQ and ordered the appetizer, Silken Beancurd with Tofu Nuggets. They were really good. Crispy and soft combined. I ordered the cold noodle. It was delicious. I like how it's cold and tangy taste. The noodles were very chewy (if you go, you should have the noodles cut). Loved the combination of cold and noodles.





August 4: Hanashima

For the first time, I tried the Cha Soba Tempura at Hanashima when I went to eat lunch with my mom and dad. It was amazing. Like I said previously in other blog posts, I love noodles. Trying a different type of noodle and style was bound to happen and I loved the soba. It's really cool how you dip you noodles into the sauce and then eat it. Something different yet something tasty all around. 




August 19: Bruxie

My sister came out to get food with me before my second year in college started. We both never had chicken and waffles before, so we decided to try a place that my sister heard about in Brea, Bruxie. The chicken and waffles were amazing! Not too much syrup, crispy and crunchy, and beautifully put together with some veggies and meat. Excellent little place. We did a little walking around and went to Vitality Bowls for açaí bowls.  Their açaí bowls were very filling, just the right amount of each ingredient in my opinion. Definitely a good choice to share after eating lunch.







August 21: Solar Eclipse

The total solar eclipse occurred on August 21, where it was was seen across the United States at various locations. Some people even flew to an out-of-state city just to witness the solar eclipse. One of my professors let us watch the solar eclipse before starting class. It was very nice of her. I also got a drink at Kung Fu Tea with my friend Gabi. It was my first time there and I believe I got Kung Fu Oolong Milk Tea (if not, then the Kung Fu Milk Tea). I liked how we can get the tea less sweetened in various percentages. When getting tea, I like my tea half sweetened usually, if I had the option.






August 24: Roomies Pizza/Movie Night ft. Dominos Pizza and Garlic Knots

First week of school down and had a pizza/movie night with my roommates to get to know each other better. It was really nice to bond and learn more about one another. Then we watched A Cinderella Story. One of my roommates had to leave early for theatre obligations but overall, this little night helped us connect.





August 26: Luna Grill+Wonderspaces+True Food Kitchen

Officially first week of second year done, including my first day at my internship site, Pasadena Media. Then off to Wonderspaces my family and I went to after getting a little munchy at Luna Grill. It was a really neat pop-up art show to check out (some pictures below). I really liked the artwork they displayed and the creativity of all the artists were spectacular. The virtual reality experiences there were also amazing. I really liked the Transition VR one because it was a boat ride, super peaceful and calm. I would jump into that world in an instant if it was real. After that, we headed for dinner at True Food Kitchen. This restaurant is a bit pricier, but the options of organic, vegan, and vegetarian make it worth it to try at least once. We ordered Inside Out Quinoa Burger, Brussels Sprout & Wild Mushroom Pizza, Edamame Dumplings, Teriyaki Quinoa, and Chia Seed Pudding. They were all really good. The Edamame Dumplings were great but so tiny! The Chia Seed Pudding is my favorite. I love chia seed pudding already (my sister makes them at home sometimes, so thank you big sister), but the banana and toasted coconut pieces were icing on the cake. They tied the whole dessert altogether.
















No comments:

Post a Comment