Navigation Bar Tabs

Monday, December 25, 2017

Merry Christmas To All


Merry Christmas everyone! I hope you all were able to spend today with loved ones, whether family members or friends. Watch some classic Christmas movies on television and enjoy food with the people you love.

*Do not read on if you believe in Santa Claus*

I personally love watching The Polar Express. I read the children's book version long ago in the third grade and during that time, my teacher showed us the movie adaptation. It's actually ironic that I love The Polar Express because when I was younger, I did a Santa Claus experiment, to prove he doesn't exist, while the movie is about believing in Santa Claus. It is about a little boy who doesn't believe in Santa Claus and after he boards a magical train called the Polar Express that leads him to the North Pole with other boys and girls, the boy believes in Santa Claus. As a little girl a while ago, I don't recall ever believing in Santa Claus's existence. Then came one Christmas that I decided to write him a letter on what I wanted for Christmas and placed it near our chimney. The next morning the piece of paper was still there, not touched or moved one bit. Despite my beliefs, I still love the movie.

Of course, the movie is much more than just believing in Santa Claus. Its deeper meaning is believing in something that you may not see in person. It only matters if you believe, it does not matter if others don't. Another message of the movie is taking a leap of faith. The little boy (main character whose name was never mentioned) hesitated to broad the train to the North Pole at first but decided to get on soon after. Sometimes it really just matters if you are willing to take the risk to go for it and just see where it leads.

I hope you all will to. Take a chance and go for it. Believe in the impossible and it will be possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment